Why your child's lunchbox is still full
If your child is not eating the foods provided to them from their lunchbox if may be due to various reasons:
Too many new foods
- Include foods your child is familiar with and comfortable eating.
- If trying something new, be sure to also pack something you know they will eat.
- Remember it can take up to 15 times of exposure before children will accept a new food.
Too much food
- A lunchbox full of food can be very overwhelming for young children.
- Be realistic with what your child can eat and include them in packing their own lunchbox.
Can’t access the food
- Some lunchbox containers and packaged foods are tricky for little fingers to open.
- Check they can open containers before using them for school.
- Remember to pack a spoon or fork for some meals and snacks.
Too busy playing
- For many children, playing is much more important than eating.
- Schools can help by providing designated sit-down eating times with no pressure to eat.
For more information on lunchboxes, go to Lunchbox Nutrition | Healthy Lunch Box Week